(Huntington, WV) WEMM and Grayson’s Assisted Living of Huntington, Kenova and Lavalette are proud to announce the WEMM Church of the Month. They realize that strong communities are built through strong biblical principles that are cultivated through the local church!
Congratulations Chapmanville United Baptist Church for being our Grayson’s Assisted Living Church of the Month!
Chapmanville, WV 25508
- Sunday School (10 am)
- Sunday Evening Service (6 pm)
- Fourth Sunday Worship Service (11:25 am)
- Fifth Sunday is Youth Night
- Monday Night Visitation (7 pm)
- Ladies Auxiliary – second Tuesday of the month (7 pm)
- Wednesday night Bible study and youth meeting (7 pm)
- Men’s Fellowship – second Friday of the month (7 pm)
- Pastor is Rev Bobby L Adams and wife Diana. He became pastor in 2006.
- Deacons: Brothers Doug Scarberry, Chairman; Darryl Woody, Chester Elkins, and Claude Workman
- Choir Leader: Brother Michael Workman
- Youth Leaders: Sisters Barbara Ellis, Tammy Swiney and Darlene Maynard
- Little Youth: Sister Heather Woody and several of the ladies help her.
- The youth has mime and drama team that perform monthly
- VBS directors are Sisters Tammy Swiney and Alice Chirico
- Our annual VBS is held in July and all donations are given to children charities. Such as St. Jude’s Hospital, Shriners and most recent to the Cabell Huntington Hospital Foundation for their newly constructed children’s wing.
- We have a Newsletter that is mailed monthly with the church’s calendar events, birthdays and happenings in the month, prayer requests, weddings, etc. Sisters Deanna Adams and Gail Phipps are in charge of the Newsletter.
- Our annual Homecoming is the second Sunday in October.
Special services thru the year:
- Valentine’s Dinner in February
- Pastor Appreciation in March
- Easter Egg hunt for the children
- Sunday School Picnic in August
- Annual Christmas Dinner
- Annual New Year’s Watch service.
The youth goes to Huntington to help with the Chili-Fest every year to raise funds for the Ronald McDonald House. The Men’s Fellowship helps the Salvation Army at Christmas by ringing the bell. We have a Relay for Life team in our church. Sisters Jill Fleming, Cindy Fleming and Vickie Hager are in charge.
Grayson’s Assisted Living recognizes the need for a solid house of worship and are happy to recognize WEMM’s Church of the Month!